- Welcome to the Cedarville Baptist Church of IL website. I am excited about the opportunities to share God’s Word in an encouraging and challenging way. I am also excited hear from others as we encourage and challenge one another in a Christlike manner.
- As a recap from Sunday morning’s message, James gives us two situations that call for a response toward God as he writes “Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms”
(Jas. 5:13 KJV).
- Pray when dealing with misfortune. The Greek word translated as afflicted carries the idea of suffering misfortune. It is those situations where you have been wronged or hardship has handed you a heavy blow. Rather than retaliating with revenge, pray. God is the avenger who will deal with every wrong.
- Praise God when all is well. James commands the believer to sing praise to the Lord when joyful or full of cheer. It is a running melody of praise to the Lord. Here is an interesting exercise. Take some time to pray thanking God for as many things as you can think of. Don’t ask for anything. Just thank Him for who He is, what He has done, what He is doing and will do. Thank Him for how is has provided considering each item no matter how small or big. We have much to be thankful for.
- Taking time to thank God is like looking at the stars. The more you look- the more you see.